Frosted rose petals are ideal as an addition to cake toppings. They stick to the icing as it dries and if you would like a simple but elegant design, simply toss them across the top of a cake to finish it.
- Wash the rose petals if needed. If this is necessary, do it gently to avoid bruising and ensure that they dry completely - place them on a wire rack to dry
- Lightly beat the egg white in a small bowl.
- Brush the petals on the top half with egg white.
- Sprinkle with sugar on the side with the brushed egg white.
- Place the petals on the wire rack to dry. Once dry, they are ready to add to your cake or other baked item